Leh, Ladakh has many places to explore and many things to keep in mind before you visit there. I have explored a few places. And now I would like to share my experience with you. Those beautiful snow mountains in the morning and those cold nights, I can’t express and forget that feeling.
We landed in the morning in Leh and took rest for the whole day. After a couple of hours in the evening went to the market and explored the local market and food.
Next day we headed to Nubra Valley and spent a night there. Nubra valley is famous for the sand dunes and camel rides.
And, you can visit the monastery and a big buddha statue.
After the Nubra Valley, we went to Pangong lake which took almost a day to reach there. The weather was freezing over there, highly recommend to take a good jacket. The Pangong lake is adorable and colourful. Our swiss camps were nearby the lake. And, we can see the lake from our tents, it is amazing, isn’t it?
We spent a night there and the next morning we enjoyed lake views and clicked a lot of pictures. (for pictures check out my Instagram feed @mountain.wheeler ). After brunch we headed back to Leh city, and, we reached there in the night. We booked the same hotel and went out for dinner.
Leh city does not have a good nightlife, shops get close by 8, 8:30 pm. And, a very few restaurants remain open until 10, 10:30 pm. And, people sleep early and wake up early. We also slept early that day because we had to go for sightseeing for the city the next day.
Leh city tour was better then I had expected. There are a variety of places to visit. I really enjoyed the city tour. Next morning we took a flight to come back to Delhi.
Places to visit in Leh, Ladakh
Please find below the detailed information about the places which we visited during our Leh, Ladakh trip.
Leh places to visit:
- Magnetic Hill Leh, India
- Hall of Fame Leh, India
- Gurudwara Shri Pather Sahib
- Sangam -- Confluence of Indus and Zanskar Rivers
- Leh Palace
- Shanti Stupa
- Local Market
- Khardung La Pass
- Chang La Pass
Nubra Valley things to do:
- Sand dunes and famous Himalayan desert camel safari
- The statue of Maitreya Buddha
- Diskit Monastery
- Enjoy the Shyok River
- Enjoy campaigning near a mesmerizing lake
- Enjoy the sunset and sunrise view
- Colourfull lake photography
- Visit 3-idiot movie spot and click pictures with the yellow scooter, etc.
These are the places which we explored in 5 days. Additionally, you can visit a few more monasteries and famous rancho school. (same school in 3-idiots movie)
Things to know before visiting Leh, Ladakh:
- As you must be already knowing Leh is a high altitude place, and our body takes time to accumulate such places. And, we need to take rest on the first day. The best thing is if you go on the city tour on the second day, and, stay there for one more night. It will help your body to accumulate easily.
- Carry some good woollen clothes and jackets. if you are a smoker try to avoid smoke there.
- Leh is a low level of oxygen and high altitude place, this makes your body lazy and week very fast. So, be prepared by doing regular exercise before visiting the Leh, Ladakh
- Carry a thermos bottle for hot water. And, keep drinking hot water, this will make your body hydrated and help you to be active with less headache
- A small amount of bloody cough and mid-night headache is common in Leh, Ladakh. Just avoid dusty places/use a mask and keep drinking warm water to avoid these problems. *Please consult to the nearby doctor in case of too much blood in cough, headache
I suffered from these both problems when I was there. The midnight headache was the main problem for me because once I woke up at midnight I can’t sleep again. And, at that time reading a book was a lifesaver for me. you can try this if you want
- You can apply for Ladakh Inner Line Permits online
All over the trip was awesome. And, believe me, or not, If you would plan well and take care of your health; this gonna be the best trip of your life.
Check out my Vlogs of the trek and if you like the videos consider subscribing. Happy travelling 🙂