Uttarakhand is a delightful place full of spirituality and nature vibes. Mesmerising snow hills in winters and, delightful weather in summer attracts many pilgrims across the country. But due to pandemic situation tourism had been closed for a few months.
Uttarakhand borders are open for tourist?
Uttarakhand is open for tourists, now. But you will have to follow with below government guidelines. Also, check a list of places to visit in Uttarakhand at last.
The government has unlocked the lockdown. And, tourism is open for all tourist with some conditions. Below are the most common questions which may come to our mind if we are planning to travel in Uttarakhand.
Ans. – Yes, you can visit Uttarakhand. But you must have a booking for 7 days and, will have to be at the hotel premises for 7days. After that, you can travel anywhere.
Ans. – Yes, RT-PCR test from ICMR authorised lab with negative COVID-19 report conducted not earlier than 92 hours from the time of arrival.
If you don’t have a negative RT-PCR report then, you must undergo a period of 7 days in Institutional quarantine.
Ans. – Tourists irrespective of the mode of travel don’t require institutional quarantine, but they must have 7 days minimum booking.
No such condition is applicable for those who are carrying negative COVID -19 report along with them.
Registration link – http://smartcitydehradun.uk.gov.in/pravasi-registration
For latest update on guidelines, please check 6th number under instructions here – http://dsclservices.org.in/apply.php
Elegant and untouched list of places to visit in Uttarakhand:
- Haldwani: Haldwani is the entry point of the Kumaon region. There are several nearby places to Haldwani
- Indira Gandhi International Cricket Stadium
- Corbett Falls(This is towards Ramnagar)
- Chota Kailash Trek
- Tungnath, Chopta Village: You can spend quality time with your family or friends in Chopta. It’s famous for the highest Lord Shiva temple in the world. Also, you get to see a 360 view of Himalaya after climbing to Chandrashila peak.
- Pantwari village: A small beautiful village full of amazing people. The main attraction point of this village is Nag Tibba trek.
Things to know before you visit Nag Tibba summit.
- Valley of Flowers: Valley of flowers has become an attraction point for the tourist now. The mesmerizing nature views, the alpine pasture of flowers and variety of flora attract people from different part of India.
How to reach Valley of Flowers, Uttarakhand?
Feel free to check out:
Travel vlogs of Uttarakhand:
These places are my favourite one, I have been there and If you have any questions comment down below. Please comment below If you want to add some more places to the list.
Though travelling in this COVID situation is unsafe because cases are rising in Uttarakhand day by day. Please cross-check the cases where you travelling to and follow all rules and guidelines of the government.
Always wear a mask and carry sanitizer, be safe and stay healthy.
Also, I request you to keep the mountains clean and plastic-free.
Check out our Vlogs and if you like the videos consider subscribing. Happy travelling 🙂